Why are reviews on review sites a big deal?
Why are reviews on review sites a big deal?
Businesses are often afraid to manage customer reviews on business review sites as they don’t want to end up in one of these situations:
- Receiving zero business reviews
- Receiving zero recent online business reviews
- Receiving negative online business reviews
- Or, the business simply has unmanaged online reviews across multiple business review websites
Unfortunately, these businesses are missing out and hurting their business through inaction, as reputation drives conversion.
Business reviews and social posts help shape a company's online reputation.
In fact, one of the worst things a business can do is ignore their online reviews and social posts. As easy as it is to make a mistake when handling a business’s online reputation, it can also be easy to recover if done properly (and with apology).
While damage will inevitably happen, a business can take steps to mitigate the degree of damage that can occur. The biggest mistake of all a company can make is not participating in helping to shape the conversation about their company online.
Business reviews provide valuable feedback for businesses.
While it can be easy for a company to take negative comments to heart, it is important to recognize that reviews are constructive feedback. All in all, reviews are actually valuable feedback! They help a company gauge their performance and see how they can improve. There is always room for improvement and a lot can be learned even from positive business reviews.
Through reviews, businesses can see which products or services they should be boasting, which needs work and even discover employees who rock at customer service.
List of the top 10 business review sites.
Google My Business
Three important customer review website tips.
1) Remember to add or claim listings on the top business review sites. There are many niche business review and directory websites out there and we have brought you a mix of the very best heavy hitters in the online review website world. In other words, it’s a good idea to add or claim a listing or business profile on these review sites (unless a business doesn’t fit with the niche), correct the business’s listing information and start getting more business reviews! Plus, getting a business's listing information on a directory corrected only heeds positive citation results, especially when listed on these big guys below.
2) Businesses should keep asking their customers for reviews. Asking the average customer for a review can be hard work. Granted, it is often easiest to get reviews from consumers that are either really happy or really unhappy with the level of service they were provided. Businesses should always remember to ask as customers are busy creatures and will not remember unless they are asked nicely to leave feedback.
3) Customers are more open to leaving reviews on business review sites. With that being said, which review websites are the best to ask customers to leave reviews about a business? Why not just ask for business reviews or testimonials on a business's website? Well, asking consumers to leave a review on a business’s website seems a lot more screened and inauthentic than simply asking consumers to leave reviews on a trusted review site.
Why businesses should want customer reviews on review websites.
The importance of responding to customers online could not be more prevalent as reviews grew bigger in 2016 than they had ever been previously. Aside from the fact that reviews from customers help other customers decide whether they should visit a business or not, business reviews are now more prevalent on search results pages.
How can businesses get more reviews?
There are a variety of methods a business can employ to ask for more business reviews, including emailing consumers manually, asking consumers to leave reviews with codes and review sites on their receipts, or utilizing review generation software to automate the business review process.
Business reviews can now appear in search results.
In Google’s markup—the annotated content that appears in search—of a company or product, business reviews and ratings can now be included in search results. In other words, when a user performs a search on Google, Google will find and possibly display review summaries from online business reviews and consumer ratings.
Business reviews are here to stay.
There’s no getting away from business reviews. The good news is that there are methods to get more business reviews as well as effectively managing reviews from customers. Also, businesses needn’t fear about negative online reviews, there are ways to negate the effect of negative reviews. The important take away here is that it is important to respond to reviews, good or bad. By and large, it shows that a company cares about their consumers.